Thursday, November 11, 2010

Woodworking blog Woodworking Magazine - A Dovetail a Day – Hurray

So, the other day I was just posting on how I am practicing my dovetail cuts so that I can get better at hand cut dovetails. Well, yesterday, Chris Schwarz posted a blog entry about an article he did 2007 where he set out on the same task as I am undertaking. What he did was to make a dovetail a day until he got better at it. One of his readers, Bob Jones, followed along and did a dovetail a day for 90 days! I don't know if I can manage one a day with my schedule or not, but it is definitely worth a shot if I can get results like Chris and Bob. The blog post is below and a free copy of the original article can be found, either at the bottom of that post or here: FREE DOVETAIL ARTICLE

Woodworking blog Woodworking Magazine - A Dovetail a Day – Hurray

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link, I didn't know about this article and I think this is a technique I will start using for all things woodworking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi.

    I would like to advertise on your site. Please contact me on email franci.kapel[at]gmail.com

    Best regards,
    Franci Kapel

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is such a good way to learn part of a craft. I tried to do the same repetitive training, turning light pulls in the summer and notice improvements in my work after a week or so. But with the cold weather going out into the shed in the evening after being out in the cold all day is becoming less inviting!
    Love the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Articles that have quality information like this are as precious as gold. You have given me much to think about in this article. Thank you.
    CNC Router for Sale

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great blog love all the woodworking projects you have done.

    woodworking how to

    ReplyDelete